Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Free Market

Going once, going twice, three times...
Would you sell yours, if you knew you'd sold mine too?
My body's been sold
a hundred million times
beer, bikinis, and breast cancer
across magazine pages.
More power to her,
if she can get paid to wear that.
But her power,
was my power
bodies attached to minds,
voices, to those succulent lips.
Free markets have coordination failures
If everybody started investing
to create a Mecca, El Dorado...
but no one will go first.
From her flat belly
to her slender thighs
She's an externality.
Her price 
is more than she
your market
has failed me.
Your body does not just belong to you
It's a shared form,
that I never signed.
Page after page after catalogue page
My body's been sold a hundred million times
Because beer doesn't taste good enough on its own
Buy one, get a hot babe free
Would you buy her,
if you knew you'd bought me too?

No comments:

Post a Comment